Monday 27 June 2011

Kigurumi mask eyes closed~



I have painted and inserted the eye lids behind the eye lashes. I tested their movement and it moved as I wish they did. I have yet fastened the eyelids behind the eyes on the inside of the mask as yet, so there is more shadow over the eye lids in the animated GIF file below.

Although it is already moving well with the current design I used, I am still not 100% comfortable that the eye lashes design has been perfected yet. I need to think of a better design for the joints behind the eye lashes so that it will move even more smoother than it does now.



This is what I am pondering about right now. I made another stop motion animated GIF below. I haven't fastened the eye lids behind the eye sockets so you will see more shadow as there is still a gap there. But the overall effect has been quite satisfactory so far.

Tell me your thoughts in the blinking eye forum thread below:
http://www.kigurumicosplay.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1090

The project has been thus far fairly complicated but it was extremely fun making it. There hasn't been this much excitement since the times when I make new masks and talked about their making processes.

The eye section is nearly completed, but it isn't. I need to find a better joint design or there would be problems in the future. I have yet contemplated on how the pistons will go inside the mask and I foresee that it will be an even more challenging task. There isn't a lot of room in the mask and the head has to fit in it. Well, I'll know when I get there.

Below are the pics as promised from last time. Yu in black PVC outfit. I have a few more of the same theme to add afterwards~^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment