Tuesday 15 March 2011

Shikinami Asuka test plugsuit gallery up~

A cosplay attempt at the making of the Test Plugsuit that Shikinami Asuka wore~ The Shikinami Asuka test plugsuit gallery is opened~ I hope to add a few things here and there to improve upon it when I have time~^_^;

I'm amazed at it myself, how long has it been, more than a year I recall, since anything if put up in the gallery. There has been picture sets that that have just as many pictures to make a gallery in the past but just didn't made it into the gallery. Anyway, I split up the pictures into two galleries, there are just that many pictures. The gallery can be accessed by clicking on the picture above.


The plugsuit is made from stretch satin, thus the semi polished glossy look. Normal lycra just wouldn't normally get any shine as a plugsuit should be. It originally is a custom ordered red suit with a gold torso made from the same tailor I tailor make my HQ zentai from. All the other accessories and decals are made by myself~^_^

I guess it took a little luck as well for the base suit's edges to match the figure so well, it was quite a rough estimate, like especially where the butt line where the red meets the gold. The waist band around the hips are made from a foam strip wrapped with the same coloured stretch satin. The buttons are painted plastic fibreglass resin buttons I made using bottle caps as a model. The yellow strips are strips of yellow lycra. Like the orignal Asuka plugsuit, the cuffs are made from foam balls carved into that shape. The sticks sticking out of the cuffs are painted wooden sticks hehe. I had to make the hairpieces completely from scratch sculpting a clay model to cast from.

Phew~ having made the first Asuka plugsuit really gave me alot of ideas and experiences in the making of this suit~^_^ I hope you like it, I love how it looks. It was really nice to have a real Shikinami Asuka at my place for some posed pictures~ 0_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment