Friday 20 March 2009

Any ideas inform viewers?

Phew, breaks are nice~^_^
I'm having a break now so there will be more time to summon Yu and C2 to come on live.
But the question most kigurumi cosplayers have when they want to go on live is how to notify the viewers and friends isn't it~
At the same time, the notification shouldn't be interuptive or disturbing to the people to contact. Does anyone know of any services or online gadgets that I can use to inform users that a live is on?

Hmm another thing could be recorded live chat videos. I got the idea from Sabrina's website, that she used to have pre-recorded videos which plays to visitors who visit her video page when she's not actually on live. I have a fair idea how to record videos and embed them on the page, but I would have to research more if I want that to "sometimes" play pre-recorded video when I'm not on live and correctly switch to live if... I'm on live~ (without having to edit the webpage or other troublesome tasks)

Oh there are new fanarts added into the forums, I haven't moved them into the fanart gallery just yet. Be sure to check it out if you haven't at "HERE"

Hmm can Stickam or Ustream or any others do that? Hmm It would be nice but I doubt they would give away their previous bandwidth as a free service. Does everyone know what I am trying to solve? Hmm if you have some good ideas, don't hesitate to let me know~^_^
I've posted some pics taken from the recent live chats.
















Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

7 comments:

  1. I know it isn't the best idea, but how about mailing list? Let people subscribe to a kind of newsletter, send out an automated e-mail about 15 minutes before you want to start a new live-chat session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have twitter? If so you can link your stickam account to your twitter account. Every time you go live on stickam it automatically updates your status on twitter which notifies people that you are live on stickam. To take it one step further, you can connect your twitter account to your Facebook account and it will automatically update your status on Facebook.

    Stickam > Twitter > Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. CORRECTION:

    I just found out that Twitter no longer updates your Facebook Status anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thats a very useful tip.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you can send him/her sms to his/her cell number,or send mail straight to his/her address. I don't think my opinion will be accepted, but I'm just trying to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, the question being how.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do one saturday night that way in the morning for people who go to school, college or work won't be able to miss it because its one a weekend.

    ReplyDelete