Thursday 4 December 2008

New CC Black Knight uniform test shoot

Before I talk about the post, I will like to give acknowledgments to gfcdanny for his generous christmas donation. Thank you Danny, and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2009 new year~^_^

For the Christmas period, check out the offer I just posted today

Fans of Code Geass should have seen CC in this uniform. It is what she wore in most parts in the second season of the anime.

Its a sexy figure hugging black dress with 4 tails and a number of belts around her waist and arms.
Hmm, CC has a thing with belts as accessories on her clothes doesn't she.

Its a test shoot as I'm not sure if everything I wanted it to look like is going to turn out properly. Hmm perhaps I might try having Yu cosplay as CC for a trial too. CC poses with cheese kun for the first time here, now u can take a good look at how does cheese kun look like being squeezed and hugged~^_^
Cheese kun is actually quite large. How does it look? Cute isn't it lol ^_^

I've posted the nicer pics in the small shoot I took below.
Hmm a little about the costume. The main part is made of lycra, I actually iron on the Black Knight Crest onto the costume by myself. Yeah the tailor isn't confident in making a design like that which is accurate to the original art, so I told them to just make the main dress and I'll sort the crest out myself.

Might as well talk about how I did the crest.


















First I measured how large I wanted the crest to be and then I drew the crest in Photoshop according to scale.
Then I printed the crest out on an A4 sized sheet of normal paper.
Placing the paper on a sheet of "Iron-on" adhesive material, I cut the shape of the crest out on the Iron-on material.
The Iron-on material is a sheet with plastic resin on both sides and a protective paper strip on the other for Ironing on. Well look it up yourself if you're interested.

So anyway, I place the cut out of the Iron-on material on silver foil fabric and ironed the adhesive onto the "wrong" side of the fabric.

Then I cut the shape of the crest and the foil fabric which are attached together out and it is ready to be iron on. Just had to adjust the positioning properly on the costume and iron on the foil through a piece of paper. The paper is to prevent the foil from melting and sticking onto the iron

After ironing the crest onto the suit, the crest is permanently afixed. Once its cooled down properly, it is ready to be worn ^_^

Below are the pictures taken today~^_^
Click on the word "Here" to see what the costume should look like if you've never watched Code Geass before.
They're just for fun~


Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

1 comment: