Wednesday 31 December 2008

Happy New Year everyone. New fanart added~ ^_^

Its the last day of 2008 and this post marks it. It has indeed been a rather fast but exciting and eventful year for me and my kigurumi activities. How have yours been this year?
This year marks only the second year I've been doing kigurumi and I'm looking forward to more fun and creativity to share with everyone in the next.
There has been many modifications to this website and the layout which you're looking at now is already version 3 of Live Wear Yu. Sounds like an odd name, but I have a reason to stick to it hehe...~^_^

My wish of making acceptable looking masks has also been met. I'm kinda glad that it turned out well. In mask making you sometimes don't know what to expect the outcome to be. I hope to encourage more kigurumi cosplayer wannabes to try making their own mask or buy one if they couldn't. At the same time I'll try to make my masks more and more beautiful so that english speaking people can get access to professionally made masks with ease. Hehe... I will keep trying to earn that standard I hope. Hmm plans do change... but I'll keep going as long as I can. Oh, won't anyone want to try making a mask or have already done so, come on, post your mask pictures in the forums. Its always interesting for me to learn new ideas and adopt them if possible.

The number of costumes accumulated over this time has been fairly big. 20 people can come to my place and I would be able to offer them each a different costume to cosplay in. Hehe... I'm just a student, it does feel unusual for myself to have such a collected. I don't even remember how I end up with so many. If you can see my averaged sized room, you'll be surprised how I manage to put them aside and still keep the room tidy... hehe. Hmm ok... thats odd talk. The point is, I think I've too large a collection to properly play in any particular outfit for a prolong period. Thats something I need to think about.

Oh thank you Satomi chan for another wonderful and professionally drawn fanart. Its a fanart of Yu in her school uniform shoot.

Actually I got this picture from Satomi chan about 1 week ago. I really didn't have time to post it up and also I didn't want the updates to come in too closely together. I am kinda occupied in packing my stuff for a long holiday which I'm planning ahead.

I'll be in a different place for about 2 months. Not sure if I will find time to make masks during this time but I intend to start a new design soon. Hehe... if I actually manage to set things up to my needs I'll inform everyone that I'm open to orders once again.

Yeap, meantime I'm sorry that I had turned down some requests but I don't want to make promises that I can't keep... or have to make you wait a long time for. But hehe... I promise that the next one will be better yet. I actually can't wait to start again. From the experience gained putting in all my effort into making the last two masks I learnt a few things myself. I'll take those as trade secret... but if you ask me I might just share them with you ~^_^ (if you're a mask maker~)

Anyway, have a hapy new year everyone. Is there going to be fireworks where you are at? I'm not sure where abouts is there near me but I'm going to find out.
Take care and play safely~^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment