Thursday 18 September 2008

Headform polished

The sculpture has finally hardedned...
I spent 2 hours sanding and polishing the headform today... trying to equal out the uneveness. I'm also a little sick from a slight fever... must be due to the seasonal changes.
And so here... I posted a picture of the headform I made ^_^
I wonder who will be prettier, Yu or her... I've yet think of a name for her yet >_<

What I'll be doing next is carving of the eyes. I'll try a new approach to making of masks which I do not need to attach eyes seperately after making two holes for the eyes. It will just be part of the mask... hmm know what I mean?.
I'll probably enlarge the eyes too, does everyone reckon I should do so? The eyes look small now do u reckon? Hopefully the sculpting will be completed by today or tomorrow... Then u'll lacquer and smooth coat it. Then it shall be ready for casting... If all goes fine, I intend to finish it soon.

I'm still coming down with a bad cough... it has already made me unable to work on the mask as frequently as I hoped. I really want to finish it quickly. I'm pretty curious what I'll do with the hair. I've also used a different head shape this time so I'm not sure what is the best way to attach the hair yet. One step at a time I suppose ~^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

1 comment: