Monday 22 September 2008

Updates to the new mask

I enlarged the eyes and flattened the eye surface. Had to add some clay which took a day to dry and set. On the next day, I took the headform to be painted. I took pictures of the headform before and after painting.









The headform then looked really smooth and shiny now. With this surface, it is ready to be casted. So the next day, I laid layers and layers of casting bandages over the headform. Prior to actually laying the layers, I had guidelines drawn on the headform so that I know where to keep the edges of the bandages, otherwise I won't be able to remove the cast after it has hardened ^_^









The casting bandages are taking a while to conpletely set. Usually a day. So tomorrow I will be able to remove the cast and hopefully it retains the features well. This is the first time I'm using this brand of casting bandages. I hope they turn out as well as I expect them to. hehe.
Hopefully, in a few more days, there will be more progress and I'll keep this space posted with the updates~^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's already looking very nice, I can't wait to see the result

    ReplyDelete