Wednesday 10 September 2008

Started sculpting a new headform

Hmm, finally got my hands dirty again to try and make a new mask. Started sculpting only yesterday, not sure what to expect. In the current situation, it appears that the headform is not turning out as cute as I hope it to be T_T...
I can't tell what is missin ...@_@
Its already in ites drying stage, I suppose colouring and drawing on of the feature will improve its look a little more. Still a long process remaining, sanding, lacuqering, casting painting etc...~_~...

I suppose just like any other artwork, whether the outcome turns out cute or a disaster largel depends on the craftman's luck more over skill... Bad pieces of work should be a common occurence where the piece is scrapped and I start afresh... hope I can repair and salvage as much as I can... the clay along costed me like $50 for the new mold ~_~

Phew, spent me like a whole 5 hours in the last night kneading and pressing out the entire head and its features... almost got really sick of doing it. I used really hard to knead clay and use a special cost saving method which took me like double the time to make this headform... Things aren't as cheap as before~ Though it'll be interesting to talk about, I think I'll leave the new technique as trade secret for now.

Anyone spot any discrepancies? I'm thinking the chin is a little too skinny and might look nicer if its chubbier... or are the lips a complete no no. Its gonna dry soon, if there are any changes to be made, I need to do them soon.

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....it seems like the forehead has too much of an inward slope to it, leaving an 'overhang' above the eyes. Maybe the lips are
    too small as well?

    This is from someone who has zero experience in sculpting, so take it with a grain of salt. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete