Saturday 17 November 2007

Just for the sheer size~

I didn't plan to spend much at the supermarket today. Just wanted to grab refills for my paper wipes which ran out. I passed by the fruits section on my way out and these huge yellow combs caught my attention. The bananas, they are the brightest yellow and clean looking bananas I've seen for ages, and probably ever. The price isn't really that attractive but the bananas were. So I decided to buy some home just because they were some of the brightest and largest I've seen. I took some pictures of them just to give an idea how they look like. The pictures didn't really do justice to their size and colour. I was starving when I got home so I took one for a bite. It wasn't as sweet as I've hoped it would be. But I guess thats because it can ripen more over the next few days and add to its flavour. I don't know, do they look larger than your average bananas? Their colour does look bright and clean golden don't they. Maybe its just because the entire shelf was stacked with these that made be felt some awe. hehe~^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe because you live in a place that that kind of fruits isnt very popular.

    Im sure that here, in Latin america, you may find prettier and larger banans than that... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no no, bananas are really common here. Just like Singapore's, the climate in Latin America is also tropical.

    Just that most bananas have a few dark spots or lines, whereas this one looks really clean...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in Produce department, you are right that bunch is really yellow. Depends on the batch that the store gets...(*_*)

    ReplyDelete