Friday 17 April 2009

What do you think of this figure?

Well seeing how quiet it has been, I just wrote a little update of what I have been up to lately. Been browsing the web and Danny Choo then I came across this figure on display at the Winter Expo in Japan from a new novel originated game by Hobby Japan known as Hyakka- Ryoran. Fell in love with the look of this figure... Its cute ain't it ~^_^

Clicking on the images takes you to Akihobby's website which has a report on this booth~





I wondered, wouldn't it be great if I can make a kigurumi mask that can make a person look like her~ Nice idea may that seem... but I think its gonna be really really hard. Nevertheless, this is a nice figurine to try and replicate a model from.

In all my sculpting attempts, I think one of the most important thing I need to find during research is a good figure or model that I can try to learn its shape and form from. Well not every figure would be suitable, and once in a while you come across a nice looking figurine that would be just right for an attempt at turning it into a mask.

Well, I would say that I haven't got the enough skills even now but what I have learnt from experience up to the present is all I got to face this challenge. I learnt what my mistakes are each time I make a mask, and by putting in what I've learnt into future masks I make, I try to make them look better.

I also know that each time something is replicated, some similarity is lost. Well... thats a drag since I really would like to make the mask identical to the shape of the face below. Well the hair problem can be worried about later ^^

If you're interested in seeing how it looks like, I've posted some pictures up. Just click on the link below to visit the thread in the forums. Hmm yeah I'll need your help too, I'll tell you what you can do for me in the thread.






Well its hmm really really... er... draft-fy . Not sure how much more revisions I need to get it to look more similiar. Hehe.. I've got some new tricks that I'm waiting to try and that should take the masks to a whole new level (I hope its a whole new level better, not for worse lol >_<) But it all has to come after I finish properly sculpting this head.

Hmm... would be nice if I can look like tha character in the image above... Imagine that~^^; Oh I'm only borrowing the look, there shouldn't be any problem with that right? I don't intend to cosplay her, just using her as my model ^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment