Sunday 3 May 2009

First costume of its kind.

What is this costume that I'm talking about and what is so first of its kind about this costume? It looks like a perfectly normal cute nurse costume isn't it? Well it is special not because of how it looks~^_^ Visitors who attended the live chat yesterday might have a faint idea why it is different. Anyways, if you want to have a go at trying to make some guesses, be my guest~ It is definitely not because it is a nurse costume, it won't be my first anyway if it were that.

I am still in the midst of preparing a few pictures to show everyone. It isn't a really big shoot, just took a few pictures, enough to give a small preview that is all. Wanted to try how it feels like and it sure brought back old feelings. This costume totally transformed me, its so simple yet cute at the same time. It was breathtaking, can't describe the excitement when I saw how I looked in the mirror. Could I have a thing for nurse costumes? It is definitely not fanciful at all. I didn't want to change out of it more than ever, just wished that I can live normally as nurse Yu~^_^

The original costume is actually very long and straight. It doesn't even have a visible waistline and it is not figure hugging. Just like how a typical nurse uniform would be. I will post more pictures of it when I have more of them ready to show better the costume. So I modified it, folded the skirt short by about 30 cm, and sew it fix with my "brand new" sewing machine (oh its abt 1 month old kinda new, first used it for the bunny suits remember?). I forgot to take pics of the costume before I alter it... but well, its just shortened thats all. And as for the waist, good thing this costume came with two fixed strap like things around the waist, one on each side. I pull them up together and clipped them up. Well... the waist became a little tighter than normal, but it felt nice... and it looked fairly right to me~^_^ And so, the pictures you see are those of the altered version. And of yeah, it came with a nurse cap too. Its extra large custom made. Fit the kig mask well~^_^ I must make a mental note of this tailor, listens to my requests very well.

The other thing that I've been occupied with are the new masks. Well come the mask making thread, the last time I updated, its in the stage of fibreglassing. Its done, but might be due to the cold weather these days. It has fully hardened, but still a little sticky and stinky... won't touch it for another day in the sun or something.

Oh the thing to note about that is, I learnt the strengths and advantages of using chopped fibreglass coating now. The masks came out so soft, they can almost be squashed... well meaning its a little too thin as well. Phew this would mean its a tedious effort too since I will need to put additional coats... its no fun when u need to do more work. In short, the outcome is really thin, some areas are not sandable probably. I've thickened those areas up anyway. Oh yeah, then its uneven too... for the best results, I might use a combination of strips and mat.

Click on either of the pictures to visit the forums to see the progress so far. Do help me by visit my advertisers if they interest you. Oh yar, remind me to talk more about the forum URL the next post, thanks and enjoy~^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment