Thursday 7 May 2009

Forum migrated to wyu.ulmb.com~

So long and thank you for the fish... as sung by the dolphins in "The hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy". Hehe... always wanted a chance to use this phrase. Look up the video on youtube~^_^
Yeap indeed, I have managed to get the forum converter script to work and thus migrated from the former forum hosted by Proboards onto one which I host myself. There will be heaps more interesting features and cool functions for everyone to enjoy (As soon as I figure everything out) Well... shouldn't take too long~... afterall its just changing of settings ~^_^

Well, one of the new features that I found out which I thought was really great is giant avatars... hehe. Not exactly giant, but I can define the size... I set the allowed size to a maximum of 150 x 150 pixels. I host the avatars on my web server, of course u can link them to your own as well... so this meant that no need to worry about size restrictions too. I limit the allowed size so that viewers do not have to waste too much bandwidth downloading user avatars ^_^ And there are heaps more which is user customisable now that the forum is self run. I'll tweak them all as soon as I can. I'm still picking a nice style and theme for the forum... won't get done so soon yet.

There is a thread which asks for those to safely migrated to drop a message. Here are the important bits:
The password are sent to your private message inbox in the old forums. Please use it to login into the new forum and remember to change the password.

The URL of the former forum is:
http://wyu.proboards.com

This is because I am not allowed to view your passwords, nice isn't it? So I can't migrate them myself. If you manage to get it to work and feel like telling me that you're safe and sound, write here~^_^

http://wyu.ulmb.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=319

There are still alot of updating and tweaking I need to do. I'll try my best to get them done soon. Can't wait to put all the new functions to test. I will take some time, so expect the forum to change in looks over the next few days. Meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the new experience and don'f forget to write~^_^

Oh the picture is not related to the forum migration. It is a new fanart submitted by kenshin~ Its a Ragnarok Online high priestess stat card hehe... Well obviously kenshin doesn't play Ragnarok Online~... the stats are quite off ^_^ Thank you for the fanart. I'll add it in the fanart gallery shortly ^_^

Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm Nice choose to go to phpBB3.
    I'm a volunteer at phpBB. So if you need any help, you know how to contact me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... thanks ironmaiden.
    Did you get your new temporary PW?

    I would surely need your help sometime.

    Or if u like I can let u handle the customisations even. Hehe... less work for me~

    Cya in the new forums

    ReplyDelete