Wednesday 6 May 2009

First fan sponsored costume

The nurse uniform which Yu is wearing in the latest photoshoot was fully sponsored (including shoes) by a fan and friend. Most people know him by the nickname of Turkey~ ...Er, interesting name. He's a Singaporean too, currently residing in Melbourne. Hmm Better leave the introduction to him. Came to me one day sometime about a year ago and said to me that he thinks there hasn't been a proper nurse cosplay done in a proper nurse uniform and want to help me get one done up. Would love to hear the entire story to be certain, I've created a thread in the forums to allow him to share his thoughts and also for me to give thanks~^_^

http://wyu.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=557

Anyone wants to sponsor a costume?? ^_^

I have take a few pictures in that nurse costume and posted them below. It is only a short shoot, did a live chat as well but did not record any videos. Might make the attempt to cosplay as this nurse again in a couple of days to take more shoots for a proper gallery. Also take a look at the forum thead shown above for how the character in drawing was supposed to look like. The original nurse uniform which came before I modified it is also shown there.

The costume is made from cotton and it is quite thick. Not the cheap thin type. the nurse cap is also quite large, it looks big even on the Yu mask. The uniform has semi long sleeves which reaches a little past the elbow and has several pockets on the front. It is closed with a zipper and 3 buttons beside the neck. It came with waist straps that can be held tied to make the waist look slimer... pulled it all the way in the picture, was squeeshing me a fair bit, its not stretchable at all. But apart from the waist being a little tight fitting (which is great^_^) the rest of the uniform fits really well. Pity I haven't taken any shots before I shorted the dress, its not bad looking in its original form. I can still revert it back, but then I'll have to sew it back short all over again.

Enjoy the pictures, don't forget to visit my advertisers and the forum thread ^_^


Post a Facebook comment or post in the traditional comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment